"My heart is singing for joy this morning. A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil's mind, and behold, all things are changed!"
-- Anne Sullivan
Welcome to Bonny Doon Elementary School!
The Bonny Doon School Community will create a learning environment that challenges and supports students to achieve their highest potential. We need to acknowledge all aspects of a child’s well-being to provide a successful learning experience.
We believe that:
• Learning occurs best in a healthy, safe, and nurturing environment.
• Commitment from students, home, school, and community is essential to student success.
• High standards and expectations foster greater academic achievement.
• A highly skilled, enthusiastic, and dedicated staff has a direct and powerful influence on students’ lives and learning.
• Everyone should be treated with kindness and respect.
• The development of self esteem is critical to student success.
• Community building and peaceful conflict resolution are an integral part of the curriculum.
• It is our duty to cultivate a life-long love of learning in our students and staff.
• There is strength and value in diversity, and diversity should be celebrated.
• Active, timely communication is needed to build alliances with the entire community.
• An appreciation and respect for the natural world is necessary to becoming responsible world citizens.
• Continuous improvement is necessary to meet the needs of students in a changing world.